Who Needs Self Storage?
- To free up valuable space within the home
- To de-clutter the house when preparing it for sale
- To bridge the gap between one home and another
- When moving from a large home to a smaller one
- To store possessions if going abroad
- For storing seasonal items such as clothes and sports equipment
- For storing bulky leisure items like skis or windsurfers, bicycles or canoes
Specialist or one-off storage
- Classic cars
- Motor Cycles
- As a small-scale archiving facility – to free up valuable office space by storing documents and files that can be easily retrieved when needed
- For storing seasonal stock or excess stock
- For storing office equipment during a move
- As a small-scale distribution facility for stock, spares
- For use by reps for storing sales samples
- For tools or equipment
- Pallets in open but secure areas
Get answers to your questions. Click the heading to reveal the answers.
What Can I Store? Is there anything I cannot store?
- You can store almost anything at All Secure self storage centres as long as it’s not perishable, flammable or illegal! You cannot store gas, any flammable items, fireworks, perishable foods or materials, dangerous chemicals, goods of an illegal nature or live animals.
- At All Secure we have solved many strange storage problems – in the past we have stored Jet engines, Car Washes, Computers, Go-carts
- We have lockers, steel units from 10 to 10,000 sq ft, containers and open, covered secure spaces. If you’re wondering whether anyone can store what you have – ask us!
How long can I stay – or do I have to stay?
As long as you wish
- The minimum is one week
- There is no maximum stay
- We ask 3 weeks notice
How much notice do I need to give before I can move my goods into storage?
Usually you can move in straight away
- the same day
- or by arrangement, at your convenience
How much notice do I need to give to move out?
Notice can be as little as you want
- but is usually one week as this is the payment term
Do I have to tell you how long I’m going to need storage for?
No you don’t have to but…
- It may be that you can get a discount for the long term
- It may help us to give you a more suitable unit if we know how long you will be staying, approximately
Does Storage Box pack or move our goods for us?
Yes we can
- Speak to a member of staff about our removals and packing service
Do I need insurance?
Yes, you are required to hold insurance.
- Insurance is not expensive for storage
- Insurance is not included in the price
- We can arrange your insurance for you from 85p per £1000 insured per month
- You can change the value if and when you wish
How can I pay?
Any way you wish
- Payments are based on a calendar month
- The best way is to pay by direct debit, because you can fill out the form and then forget about it. If you choose direct debit, please bring with you the relevant information
- We accept credit/debit card
- We accept cheques
- We accept cash
- VAT is charged at 20%
How much space do I need?
- All Storage Box Self Storage units are 8ft high and are available in a variety of sizes.
- The smallest is 10 sq ft and the largest is 10,000 sq ft
- Generally the centres can offer units between 10sq ft and 200sq ft in units of 5sq.ft.
What happens if I reserve the wrong size and when I move in it’s too big or too small?
No problem just let us know
- You can change your unit/space at short notice and we will help you as long as we have the space
- There’s no charge for changing units and you will be invoiced only for the unit you use, as you use it
- Talk to the people at your centre and they’ll show you the alternatives
When are you open?
Every day including weekends
- Each centre has slightly different opening hours according to the needs of their customers – please check with your nearest centre
- The norm is 8am to 6pm weekdays and 8.30am to 4pm Saturday and 10am to 2pm Sundays
- You can make special arrangements with your local centre if you need access outside business hours, our store staff are there to help
- Remember that we can accept deliveries for you during opening hours if you are not available
Does Storage Box hold a key to my unit?
- You are the only key holder
Can Storage Box provide the locks?
- You can bring your own padlock
- Or you can buy a padlock when you arrive
- WE DO NOT KEEP A KEY – YOU ARE THE ONLY KEYHOLDER
What do I need to bring to start storing?
Please bring the following;
- Two forms of ID, one should be photographic (driver’s license, passport etc)
- Payment (direct debit info, credit/debit card, cheque or cash)
- An alternative contact name address and phone number
- A padlock (we sell them if you forget)
Why do I have to sign in at reception each time?
- For you
- For others
- For health and safety
When and how can I access my goods?
At any time during our opening hours
- And remember access is FREE!
- And unlimited
- You must check in at reception each time for the security of the centre and others